Monday, April 13, 2009

Pray for me

I'm having a hard time lately, emotionally. I knew this would happen way, way before my chemo would be over. And my hunch was confirmed when I read other people's accounts on the web on various support websites.

I knew for a long time, that once I got my last chemo treatment, which was Feb. 18, there would people in my life, who, on Feb 20th or thereabouts, and onward, would be thinking, "what's wrong with you, get up and do something" since I was "done" with chemo. I knew that it takes anywhere from several days, to several years, yes years, depending on type of treatment, cancer, staging, etc. I knew if they had been pumping poison in my body for 6 1/2 months, it was going to take a while for it to be completely eliminated from my body. There is a reason why, almost 2 months after my last treatment, I still have no hair under my arms! I shaved the remnants of my hair of Christmas Eve. Some of my hair grew back fairly quickly, but I have not gotten a haircut yet. Before chemo, I needed a haircut every 3-4 weeks.

I just had to vent a little, but also thanks to all of you who have been so understanding.

2 comments:

  1. Rod,

    Hang in there. We all love you!!! Be strong and you will get through this. I am not saying radiation is easy...it is hell on the throat! But nothing some liquid vicoden can't fix for a while. We are here for you and so many others are cheering you on!

    Hugs...Jeni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you. Hopefully your mom passed on personal accounts of some processes we've dealt with in our part of the family. I didn't want you to be surprised if you didn't feel a big "lift" at this point... not uncommon, as we learned. Take care. Think of you every day. Love you, cuz.

    ReplyDelete